|Title:||2018 Dr. Nicholas Vacc Scholarship (Doctoral)|
|Application Deadline:||June 30, 2018|
The NBCC Foundation is pleased to announce the 2018 application period for the Dr. Nicholas Vacc Scholarship. The NBCC Foundation will administer one (1) doctoral-level counseling scholarship of $5,000. This program is made possible by an endowment in memory of Dr. Nicholas Vacc.
The NBCC Foundation helps ensure that the behavioral health needs of all Americans are met, regardless of language or culture, thereby reducing health disparities and improving overall community health and well-being. By strategically promoting and providing scholarships to doctoral counseling students, the Dr. Nicholas Vacc Scholarship Endowment supports the infrastructure that engages individuals focused on research and/or testing that strengthens the profession of counseling.
- Applicants must be board certified counselors, currently holding the National Certified Counselor (NCC) certification OR document all of the following:
- A full state license as a professional counselor;
- A passing score on the National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE) or the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE); and
- A commitment to becoming a board certified by obtaining the NCC credential within three months if awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time and be in good standing in a CACREP-accredited, doctoral-level counseling program.
- Applicants must focus their dissertation on research and/or testing that strengthens the profession of counseling.
- Applicants must be a member of Chi Sigma Iota.
To check the CACREP status of a program, search the CACREP website.
The scholarship awardee will be announced in August 2018.
For questions, please review our Frequently Asked Questions, call 336-232-0376, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.